We have a new favorite toy in this house....drum roll please....and it is:
The light table:

You can buy a "real" kid light table in teacher stores/online for about $300. Or, you can make your own with rope lights and a clear storage tub for a lot less. I decided to go purchase a light box from Amazon that is 12x18 and meant for tracing/art purposes. It was very affordable- about $50, and we love it! I put it on top of a little desk and it has been awe inspiring ever since!
We had a lot of fun going around the house looking for cool things to put on the light box. Creighton found the feathers and I found a stack of old 3-ring binder pocket dividers that I cut into shapes. Creighton likes to put the different colors on top of each other to make new colors and also make things with the shapes. He really likes to make monster trucks!
This is just corn syrup mixed with glitter and food coloring that I (double) bagged. The translucent/glitter rubber ducky is a big hit with little L. We also made several bags with different colors of finger paint. The boys like to drive their trucks over the bags to make tracks. When it is time to play with the light table, all the lights go out, and my two little boys play side by side in awe-struck silence. It is amazing how much peace and quiet a simple light can bring to play time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment