Friday, March 4, 2011

Money Saving Mama?

Why are there so many money saving mom blogs out there? It is because those of us who have chosen to stay at home with our kids instead of working feel a need to prove our thriftiness or is it because staying at home means one less salary? I must admit, prior to staying at home I was not a coupon fan. Don't get me wrong, I love a good deal, but to spend time cutting coupons just wasn't for me. It took too much time at the grocery store making sure I was throwing the right size/brand of whatever in my cart to get that extra 30 cents off.

Fast forward several months and here I am, pairing up coupons with store deals and getting some products at a fraction of the price, and in some cases (thanks to my new fav store, Rite Aid) FREE! The other week, I used my RA wellness card along with other various coupons and ended up with $66+ worth of Johnson's and Johnson's baby bath and lotions, Huggies diapers and Gerber's puffs for $12!!!

Not only am I "couponing" but I have also ventured into the world of selling baby clothes on Ebay and I have sold lots of books on half.com. SwagBucks was also completely new to me, but since I signed up about two months ago (it is FREE), I have earned $25 in Amazon gift cards by using their search toolbar! How easy is that! If you want to join SB sign up under me...that way I will get swagbucks every time you win them too!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/NYR9820

2 comments:

  1. I {LOVE} Rite-Aid too!! Getting so much free stuff is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am trying to do the same. But when I am working, I feel too lazy to get organized for "coupon stacking"...

    ReplyDelete