Saturday, May 19, 2012

must. remember. this.

Lincoln's voice is loud and clear in the monitor, completing his nightly bedtime monologue.  Tonight it is "nigh, nigh, wuv wu"  followed by his counting, "two, wee...two, wee." and over and over again.

I silently promise myself, "I will remember this."

Today has been full of preparations for Creighton's fourth birthday party.  He is so excited for his party and so are we.  He has been planning and looking forward to his worker party for months now.  As we finish each project together, his face beams with excitement. This morning as we were finishing up brushing his teeth he looked up and said, "I love you,...sweetheart."   Tonight as I was putting him to bed, he mirrored our usual comments to him and told me, "I love you mom.  I am so proud of you.  You had such a good day today.  Dad and me, we love you so much."

I made another mental note, "I must remember this."

Our life is filled with sweet moments, silly moments, occasional throw-a-fit moments.  Lord, help me to turn these moments into memories that I will not soon forget....especially on those throw-a-fit days.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I got a lump in my throat reading this post! Love!

    ReplyDelete