
Here is a true "long story, made short" love story about a girl, a car, a husband who is SO practical it is irritating, and just being thankful for what you have.
This fall:
Nikki: I want a new car....maybe a van, maybe not so much?
Chad: Wonders why my Equinox is all of a sudden not good enough to drive.
N: I need something bigger. (spends lots of time researching online)
C: Ok, start saving your money....we will look for something in a few months.
This winter:
N: I think I still want a different car...van? another crossover, bigger? (spends lots of time researching online)
C: Why isn't your Equinox good enough? Keep saving your money. We will look in a few months.
This spring:
N: I think I still want a new car....but maybe not a van, what about a bigger crossover, or a volvo wagon. (spends lots of time researching online)
C: Why isn't your Equinox good enough? How much money do you have saved by now?
N: Enough
C: Ok, what do you think you want, and why do you think you need it?
This past weekend:
C: It is disappointing that all of these cars do not get better gas mileage than this....
N: Yes, it is. Maybe I will look into hybrids....what about a prius? highlander? (gets tired of spending lots of time researching online)
C: But they are not any bigger than your Equinox.
N: Valid point. Actually, I think you are right. My car is nice, clean, has never had any maintenance problems, gets great gas mileage, and has plenty of room for all of us.
So, that is how it came to be that last Saturday I made the conscious decision to "fall back in love" with my newly refreshed, newly cleaned, not-so-new car.
And I am happy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment