Thursday, March 17, 2011

Purse Nightmare


Last night, after the kids were in bed, I sat down to face what can only be called a mom's nightmare...

My purse was out of control.

I came to this conclusion after attending a meeting yesterday afternoon. I reached into my purse looking for a pen and a scrap of paper and found not one, but 3 pens to choose from and a box of 24 Crayola crayons- just in case I wanted more colorful notes. In awe of these discoveries, I soon found myself digging deeper into this black hole formally known as my purse. I found: 2 bottles of nail polish, 6 sheets of stickers, multiple hair clips, and enough "feminine products" to last me through a full cycle. As I sat in the meeting I made a vow to myself that tonight, tonight would be the night this would end!

After supper, I got a call that my new purse I had ordered at a friend's Thirty-One party had come in. How perfect...the stars were aligned! This would be the night calm and order would be restored.

As I emptied out my old purse and wallet, I sifted through at least 4 months worth of grocery lists (some written on full sheets of paper), grocery receipts, unused coupons, several lip sticks, and interestingly enough several large paperclips(?). I threw away a large stack of junk and transferred all of these necessary items into my cute new wallet and purse.

As I hung up my new and improved purse, I vowed to not let my purse get that out of hand again.

Well, at least until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment